I hope you and your loved ones continue to remain well. We all have some incredibly difficult decisions to make in these continually challenging times and I wish to reassure you that the whole staff team remain as committed as ever to supporting your children in their journey towards school.Our wish is that we continue to provide the loving and caring nursery that you have all come to expect whilst following up to date government guidance in the light of the covid-19 outbreak.The safety and well-being of our whole nursery community, which includes staff, trustees, children, parents and all of their wider families remains firmly at the core of all that we do at All Saints and drives our decision making. With this in mind we feel that we cannot yet commit to a date for re opening the nursery, and it will certainly not be on the 1st June although our hope is that it will be soon after.Whilst we know that infection rates locally have been low and are continuing to fall our concern is that we could see a rise locally as this area is so attractive to visitors coming from different areas and we feel that we need to continue to be cautious until evidence tells us differently. When the nursery does re open we will initially be prioritising our school leavers to come in for short sessions, organised into very small groups, maybe 4 children, with one adult supervising each small group.The children will remain in that small “bubble” for the whole session,and we will minimise any mixing of bubbles during the session.There will be a reduced range of resources available and additional cleaning will take place both during and after the sessions.We are fortunate to have a large indoor and outdoor space available to us which will certainly help keep our children in separate “bubbles” whilst providing them with an interesting and varied nursery experience.Our aim is that we re-lay the groundwork in preparing all children for school, to rebuild confidence, self esteem and independence that we know are vital to make a good start in school. However we also know that in September schools will be very sensitive to the experiences that all children will have had during this time and will be planning for a different intake to previous years. We would not be able to have children in the nursery who are also attending another setting, so we would ask that you make a decision to either attend All Saints or the other setting. I fully understand the impact that this decision will have on family lives for some of you, and we certainly have not taken it lightly. I can only say that in my heart at this moment in time I believe it to be the right one for our nursery. I will continue to be in touch as the situation develops and our hope is that we will be able to see you all soon.Please feel free to email me or speak to your child’s keyworker on the phone if you would like to.If you would like to speak to any of the staff on the phone please send a message via Tapestry and they will arrange a time for a phone call.
with my love and best wishes,